In 2010, the Northwest Energy Efficiency Council received a ~$3.8 million American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) US Department of Labor grant for job training and placement in the building energy efficiency sector. The Sound Energy Efficiency Development (SEED) program provides training at various community/technical colleges/regional training organizations and job placement assistance in pre-apprenticeship, energy efficient building construction and retrofit and energy efficiency assessment occupations within the five counties within Washington state: King, Snohomish, Pierce, Kitsap, Clallam.
The grant is supporting over 30 training programs. Currently, we have some programs in completion:
- Pre-Apprenticeship and Construction Training from Seattle Vocational Institute
- Residential Energy Auditor from Edmonds Community College
- Energy Accounting Specialist from Edmonds Community College
- Energy Efficiency Technician from Edmonds Community College
- Weatherization from Olympic Peninsula College
- Test and Balance of HVAC Systems from Clover Park Technical College
- Trades Academy Pre-Apprenticeship Preparation from Clover Park Technical College
- Green Collar Training from Sellen Sustainability
- Lighting Assessment Training from Evergreen Consulting
- Energy Benchmarking and Accounting from NEEC
Are you looking for qualified employees now or in the near future? Contact Russell Paez at NEEC for more information on these programs, via email email@example.com or 206-588-4984. Also check out the SEED website for more training programs and completion dates at www.neec.net/seed. We might have the right person for you!