Live Webinar Panel with Interactive Q&A
Thursday, July 23, 2020, 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM Pacific Time
The Sustainable Building Science Technology and WSU Energy programs co-present this Future of Work webinar. Are you prepared for the jobs of the future in building science, operations, and management? Join us for this panel discussion about how the building science and technology field is changing and what roles are in demand. Our panel discussion will explore:
- What are the skills needed to operate, manage, and tune-up buildings that are becoming smarter and greener?
- How might trends and policies in sustainability and energy efficiency impact the built environment and jobs?
- What opportunities exist to build new skills including continuing education and academic programs?
- What new strategies do candidates need to differentiate themselves in a post-COVID job market?
Moderator: Steve Abercrombie, CCP, LEED AP BD+C, and Faculty, B.A.S. Sustainable Building Science Technology, South Seattle College
- Melanie Danuser, Director of Education and Training, Smart Buildings Center and Northwest Efficiency Council
- Roger Ebbage, Director, Energy Management and Water Conservation Programs at Lane Community College
- Justin Fallstrom, Regional Director Western Washington Energy, McKinstry
- Karen Janowitz, Program Coordinator, WSU Energy Program