As a reminder, multifamily and non-residential buildings 20,000 sf or larger must be accurately benchmarked and reported to the City of Seattle by July 1, 2020 (for the prior year’s energy use).
More details and resources, including benchmarking tutorial videos, can be found below and on the City of Seattle’s benchmarking compliance website.
- Compliance Checklist outlines the steps required to submit a benchmark report. Use the checklist to track your progress during the benchmarking process.
- How to Guide includes detailed step-by-step instructions to help you successfully benchmark your building and comply with the annual reporting requirement.
- Video Tutorials provide energy benchmarking instruction, outline the benchmarking process and include follow-along procedures from start to finish. Individual videos are linked below, and the complete series is available here.
- Introduction to Benchmarking (video)
- Data Collection (Part A): Property Use Data (video)
- Data Collection (Part B): Energy Meter Data (video)
- Creating a Portfolio Manager Account and Entering Data (video)
- Obtaining Data Usage: Seattle City Light (video)
- Obtaining Data Usage: Puget Sound Energy (video)
- Confirming Energy Use & Submitting Report to City of Seattle (video)
- Understand Results and Create Reports (video)