The Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (NEEA), a non-profit organization working to maximize energy efficiency in the Northwest, announced its 2011 Board of Directors, welcoming four new members as two members rotate off the Board. Incoming 2011 NEEA Board members include:
- Ted Coates, Superintendent, Tacoma Power. Coates previously served on the NEEA Board from 2008 to 2009.
- Tom Karier, Washington Governor Representative and Washington Council Member, Northwest Power and Conservation Council (NWPCC). Karier previously served on the NEEA Board from 2007 to 2008.
- Patrick McGary, Director of Energy Resources, Clark Public Utilities
- Jim West, Assistant General Manager of Customer & Energy Services, Snohomish County PUD
“NEEA’s Board of Directors continues to be the backbone of this organization,” said Claire Fulenwider, NEEA’s executive director. “Their guidance on regional energy efficiency benefits the more than 12 million energy consumers in the states of Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington. We’re looking forward to collaborating with and listening to the fresh perspectives that our new and returning members will bring to the table.” Outgoing Board members include Brian Skeahan, general manager of Cowlitz County PUD who served on the Board from 2008 to 2010, and Melinda Eden, Oregon council member for the NWPCC and the Oregon Governor representative to the NEEA Board from 2009 to 2010.
On December 10, the NEEA Board of Directors voted to re-elect their existing officers for a second term. Board officers are as follows:
- Chair – Roger Woodworth, Vice President, Sustainable Energy Solutions, Avista Utilities
- Vice Chair – Margie Harris, Executive Director, Energy Trust of Oregon
- Secretary – Anita Decker, Chief Operating Officer, Bonneville Power Administration
- Treasurer – Warren Kline, Vice President, Customer Services & Regional Operations, Idaho Power