Location: Portland, OR, US, 97232
Direct significant new corporate initiatives in the areas of energy efficiency, demand response, vehicle electrification, energy storage, renewable energy, and other customer-focused initiatives. Identify new opportunities to use data and advanced analytics to support Customer Solutions initiatives. Manage cross-functional resources to establish strategic business objectives, strategies, and plans in support of Company strategic goals, integrated resource planning, and regulatory and legislative requirements. Develop, implement and support Company programs and policies. Provide expert witness testimony in support of Company regulatory and legislative proceedings. Represent the Company in state, regional, and national organizations. Act as lead for Customer Solutions Planning and analytics.
- Lead key new Customer Solutions initiatives through planning, valuation, and regulatory approval stages.
- Advocate for Company principles in legislative and regulatory policy development and rulemaking.
- Direct Customer Solutions data and advanced analytics initiatives and projects.
- Apply technical expertise to support the Company’s strategic goals and initiatives in legislative and regulatory proceedings.
- Prepare expert testimony for legislative hearings, regulatory proceedings and court proceedings.
- Lead discovery response development and correspondence with utility commissions on customer solutions-related issues.
- Ensure that Customer Solutions initiatives are appropriately captured in the Company’s ten-year business plan budgets and forecasts.
- Facilitate change, develop others, foster continuous improvement and drive innovation.
- Foster collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that best practices are applied across all Customer Solutions planning activities.
- Oversee special projects as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, or local regulations.
- Develop and implement detailed action plans for achieving objectives.
- Represent the Company in Berkshire Hathaway Energy-wide initiatives and work groups related to Customer Solutions.
- Represent the Company in state, regional, and national organizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Management, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of eight years of professional experience with Customer Solutions programs and technologies, resource evaluation and valuation.
- Demonstrated experience in Customer Solutions resource market analysis, resource modeling, technology, valuation and performance/delivery contracting.
- Management skills including the ability to establish objectives, execute policy, monitor resources, and manage the development or implementation of a system, program, or process.
- Leadership and teamwork skills to provide input into policy decisions and to mobilize resources to produce desired business results.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills to manage and motivate employees.
- Experience in budget preparation, analysis tracking, and cost management.
- Broad exposure to stakeholder engagements / process (utility commissions, state/local agencies, consumer groups, technology providers, etc)
- Excellent oral and written communication to communicate objectives and action plans.
Click HERE for more information and to apply.