Energy Trust of Oregon is looking for a Measure Development Manager, could that be you? Consider checking out the description below!
Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas and Avista, and SW Washington customers of NW Natural. Year over year Energy Trust is recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon.
We recognize the lack of diversity in our industry, and we actively seek to address it with our hiring and retention practices as well as our values. We believe every person and their lived experience is integral to building a vibrant culture and delivering effective services to all customers we serve. We are committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion, and we encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds and experience to apply.
While we are open to candidates who live throughout Oregon and Washington, the Measure Development Manager would be expected to report to the office at least once per quarter. Energy Trust provides a range of work location options, including remote, hybrid and in-office work locations.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Measure Development Manager in Programs works in collaboration with Energy Trust’s Planning & Evaluation staff, leading efforts in Programs for the development, review and approval of energy efficiency measures. This includes new offerings and measures proposed by Energy Trust Program Managers and Planning & Evaluation staff, Program Delivery Contractors (PDC’s) and Program Management Contractors (PMC’s). The individual in this position coordinates and oversees the development of analytic plans, scopes of work, ensuring these meet the technical and cost-effectiveness requirements necessary to validate savings by Planning & Evaluation staff, while meeting the design needs of Programs to ensure an effective offering in the market. The Measure Development Manager in Programs will direct the work of PDC, PMC, and as applicable, certain in-house program staff assigned to support measure analyses; coordinate subject matter input from Energy Trust Program Managers and work in close coordination with Energy Trust Planning & Evaluation group to manage the measure development and review processes to deliver final measure analyses as input to annual goals and budget-setting efforts, ensuring schedules are effectively managed to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders. This includes the oversight and processing of numerous, complex measure analyses across multiple programs in order to meet key deadlines. This Manager role facilitates cross-group, sector and contractor engagement and communications, proactively solves problems and works directly with Planning & Evaluation technical staff to define and implement process improvements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads and manages the Measure Development Process through Programs in collaboration with Energy Trust engineering staff and their contractors, including continuous improvement of the process.
- Direct work of PMC, PDC and other contractors, managing staff dedicated to the measure review and analysis.
- Ensure scopes of work defining analytic approaches and needs are appropriate to program design needs and within Energy Trust’s Technical Guidelines and followed by the contractors.
- Negotiate resolution of differences in view on appropriate approaches, risk, level of detail and depth of analysis and potential changes to Statements/Scopes of work.
- As a team lead in Programs, support the development of benefit-cost analyses of energy saving measures, leading all aspects of Program-related roles in measure analyses including tracking new ideas and guiding these through Energy Trust’s processes.
- Use and promote the use of project management and tracking tools to facilitate Energy Trust review of measures, including recommending updates and/or new tools.
- Help identify key assumptions included in the approval memos that need to be verified and through what means
- Help program managers implement best practices in energy efficiency program offerings.
- Track changes in federal and state standards, anticipate effects on baseline efficiencies, and alert staff and contractors.
- Manage research contracts and projects involving program and/or PMC/PDC staff, in collaboration with Energy Trust Evaluation team. Provide oversight of engineering contractors for Program Managers.
- Prepare documents for the Public Utility Commission or other public, regulatory, and advisory groups.
- Anticipate how engineering analysis will be needed and used by program staff to build short- and long-term strategies to meet goals.
- Support pilot projects and pilot evaluations for emerging technologies and approaches.
- Effectively work with assigned Planning & Evaluation staff to identify emerging technologies and to develop research strategies to collect needed data.
- Make public presentations and facilitate discussions with regional energy efficiency stakeholders and organizations
- Serve as resource for ad hoc requests for information and engineering support.
- Perform all job functions in a safe manner.
Learn more or apply at: Measure Development Manager -Programs – Energy Trust of Oregon