AESC is a small energy consulting firm with a collaborative and professional work environment. We are passionate about what we do and are looking for talented people who share our passion.
AESC is seeking an Energy Engineer to provide engineering support and Energy Coaching for a variety of customers in Oregon. We seek candidates who exhibit intellectual curiosity, that are versatile in their approaches to problem solving, and are resilient when faced with new challenges. The ideal candidate will have professional experience in the energy field.
Title: Energy Engineer or Energy Coach
Status: Full Time
Salary Range: $72,000 to $95,000
Location: Can be located throughout Oregon (AESC’s regional office located in Portland)
Reports to: Lead Engineer
- Gather data related to energy use in buildings through site inspections, interviews, and research to identify energy saving opportunities including capital, operations & maintenance (O&M), and behavioral opportunities.
- Conduct energy audits or walkthroughs in commercial, industrial, and multifamily buildings.
- Utilize regression-based tools and measurement and verification methodologies to evaluate the performance of, and make recommendations for, energy systems and equipment.
- Prepare written analysis of findings, recommendations, and results of energy projects for submittal to clients.
- Coach customers on the implementation of energy projects.
- Coordinate with team members and clients to meet project deadlines and budgets.
- Bachelor of Science degree required in an Engineering discipline, Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Engineer in Training (EIT-FE) Certification preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience in energy engineering or process/design engineering (HVAC or process).
- Basic understanding of statistics, linear regression modeling, and measure-based energy analysis tools.
- Working knowledge of HVAC, lighting, motors, and/or other custom commercial and industrial equipment.
- Basic understanding of demand side management, supply side management, permanent load shifting, and demand response.
- Basic understanding of energy codes and design standards – ASHRAE 90.1, Title 24, ASHRAE 62, etc.
- Basic understanding of benchmarking concepts and resources – ENERGY STAR, CEC, etc.
- Basic understanding of the International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocols.
- Ability to conduct fieldwork and interact with clients in a professional and responsive manner.
- Must have reliable transportation, this position requires travel to customer sites.
We are looking for dedicated, service-oriented, professionals who share our mission of developing innovative engineering, software and management solutions to promote a clean energy future and who are aligned with our core values. If you are motivated by helping teams succeed, and take pride in your contributions to outstanding work products, please apply for this position.
Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) candidates are encouraged to apply.
AESC’s Core Values:
- Work safely – Help maintain a culture of safety in every situation to ensure all employees make it home safe each night. Your safety, and the safety of those around you, should always be the top priority.
- Act with integrity – Always do what is right for the client, the employee, the company and/or the situation.
- Deliver excellence – Hold yourself to the highest standard. Provide outstanding service with mindful technical work and timely communication that delivers value to our clients.
- Be accountable – Be the person others can rely on and follow through on commitments. Work to solve problems, not avoid them.
- Inspire change – Be bold and be brave. No idea is too small when it improves our services, our teamwork or our company.
- Play as a team – Respect the knowledge, skills and ideas that each team member brings; our individual strengths make us a winning team.
- Pursue growth and learning – Take responsibility for charting the course of your own growth and learning, and we will support you.
- Live a balanced life – Working hard and exceeding expectations is a satisfying way to spend your workday but finding fulfillment in your personal life is essential to lasting happiness and success.
We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package which includes health, dental and life insurance, 401k and Flexible Spending plans.
AESC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.