Job Description Summary
The Senior Program Manager directs all phases of client programs, from inception through completion. Responsible for the cost, implementation and performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinates the preparation of business plans, work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract. Ensures the development process is congruent with current market trends, program goals, and client needs. Acts as the primary client contact for program activities and delivery, leading program review sessions with client to discuss cost, schedule, and performance. Coordinates with Business Development team to develop new business or expand the product line with the client. Analyzes problem/opportunity areas of assigned programs and evaluates options. Evaluates performance and makes recommendations on marketing actions. Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to program plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Determines the profitability and viability of new products or program enhancements. Develops strategies and tactics to ensure effective program performance relative to market opportunity, working closely with company functional groups over the entire life cycle. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, marketing, operations, analytics, and administrative areas. Provides insights and collaboration with other implementation leads to ensure best practices throughout the organization.
Relevant work experience plus 8+ years project management
5+ years people management
Bachelor’s degree, MS or MBA preferred
• Manage program portfolio of client contracts in the Puget Sound ($5-10m annual revenue without incentives)
• Contributes to or leads contract creation and executes contracts for compliance and client satisfaction
• Direct and coordinate multi-function teams typically consisting of 10-30 people
• Direct people management, including other program managers, with span of control for 2-7 people, plus contractors (ACWs)
• Programs are often strategic and / or have high complexity and risk (either new programs, new clients or complex client relationships)
• Leads process & tool improvement
• May create technical content & intellectual property
View the job description and apply here.