Grid Forward is looking to bring on a key support person to help with the GridFWD event Oct 13-14 in Seattle. It is the organization’s main gathering so the various areas helping to make sure it goes off well are central to the success of the year for the organization.
Grid Forward is a trade association with a mission to promote and accelerate grid innovation. We bring together diverse stakeholders for education and collaboration pathways that identify, replicate and scale successful approaches to modernizing the regional grid. Our organization fosters grid innovation by:
- Encouraging investments into new technologies and models for advanced and optimal grid management techniques
- Accelerating transitions from demonstrations to larger scale deployment
- Defining regulatory and business model pathways to encourage best-in-class solutions for managing grid systems
- Supporting cultural change to help energy providers and their partners navigate evolving energy ecosystems
Roles and responsibilities
- Logistical support for GridFWD event including working with on-site vendors (venue, catering, AV, etc.), vendor management through the life cylce of the event
- Event production support including all details to make sure the event runs smoothly and meets our plans
- Support for content development of the summit (i.e. track sessions) including interfacing with the team members who are organizing calls with speakers and planning team members
- Working with channels for promotion of the event in the regional and industry community
- Provide updates on event plans
- Support sponsor and other key contributor relationships
- Experience producing professional events
- Ideally knowledge of, or at least interest in, the utility and energy technology industry
- Excellent attention to detail and quick response time to communications
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Able to create and work from a schedule and complete tasks on time
- Ability to do basic website updates (our site is on Square Space, WordPress and Eventbrite) and professional writing a plus
- Home work environment (computer, phone, connectivity)
- Self starter (will work closely with multiple contract staff people but Grid Forward is a remote organization)
This role reports to the Executive Director and works in close coordination with other team members associated with the GridFWD event, including event planning team as well as marketing and other team members.
Work is on a contract, monthly basis.
Estimated Work Amount: About 15-20 hours a month, though variable based on elements of event preparation and likely this increases in the 6 weeks leading up to and at the event
View the full position description and apply HERE.
Grid Forward is a 501(c)(6) non-profit trade association dedicated to promoting and accelerating innovation on the regional electric system. Founded in 2010 the organization has more than 80 members representing regional utilities, advanced technology providers, major energy users, higher education, government agencies, non-profits and other grid development stakeholders. Grid Forward is committed to providing community and resources for leaders who are working to bring modernization into the electric system by way of advanced technology solutions, updated regulatory and business practices, pathways for funding, and improved corporate culture. More details are available at GridForward.org.