McKinstry is currently seeking a Commissioning Engineer to join our amazing team as a member of our growing Rocky Mountain Energy division in our Salt Lake City office. This detail-oriented individual will perform and assortment of commissioning activities on a variety of systems relevant to our ongoing labor projects to verify compliance with engineering specifications.
You’re great at:
- Providing recommendations and feedback regarding the design, equipment selection, test and balance requirements, maintainability, and potential enhancements of the system.
- Assessing the capability of system(s) and documentation to achieve the design intent.
- Understanding the design concept and intent by reviewing system documents, including drawings and scheduled equipment.
- Reviewing documentation for accuracy and completeness and verifying the system installation and functional performance are per McKinstry design standards, industry best practices, commissioning standards, and project specifications.
- Developing and managing project specific commissioning plans, procedures, and schedules from pre-start to test-adjust-balance field work.
- Conducting coordination meetings as needed with owners, project management, and contractor commissioning teams.
- Maintaining, tracking and operating test equipment.
- Developing a project specific training agenda and managing the systems training of assigned McKinstry Service mechanics and/or owners representatives.
- Maintaining complete and legible commissioning documentation to be used in the commissioning report.
- Contributing (on behalf of the owner) to the efficient and effective resolution of deficiencies and construction-related issues (RFI, ASI etc.)
- Compiling project documentation and transmitting to business and brand services for report publication.
- Communicating noted commissioning issues, questions, and concerns through proper channels in a timely manner.
- Working with commissioning manager and teams to schedule required equipment calibrations.
Click here for the full job description.