The Office of Sustainability & Environment (OSE) develops and implements citywide environmental policies and programs that propel our city toward a sustainable, equitable, and carbon neutral future.
We are recruiting for a Building Climate Policy Advisor to implement and develop successful building energy climate policies to reduce emissions and energy use to meet Seattle’s climate goals of carbon neutrality by 2050. This is a job with enduring impact.
In this job, you will:
- Ensure programs and policies are equitably, efficiently, and effectively crafted, implemented, measured, and improved to gain the greatest impact in the near term
- Lead all data, database, and analysis work to maximize resources, measure success, identify impact lags and emerging barriers to progress
- Oversee and direct the work of staff supporting Benchmarking, Building Tune-Ups, and Building Emissions Performance Standards, three of Seattle’s largest climate policies
- Share information and recommendations with OSE teammates, citywide colleagues, elected officials, and community members with differing levels of technical understanding
- Coordinate and lead multiple ongoing IT projects with IT department and consultants
The position application recruitment process closes on Tuesday, November 1st promptly at 4:00 PM. View the full job description and application requirements here.