- This event has passed.
Lighting for Schools K-12 Workshop
April 12, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm$60
Lighting for school projects can pose a wide range of potential challenges, opportunities, and pitfalls. High aspirations, tight budgets, and new research regarding circadian systems make Schools some of the most complicated lighting projects out there.
Come and learn some tips and trick to help ensure that your project will be visually effective while minimizing energy use. We will discuss a wide variety of space types, though we will focus in on learning environments and current research regarding daylighting and lighting controls in the school environment.
The class will include lecture, small group discussion, and group workshop exercises keyed to learning and design concepts. The class is appropriate for architects, engineers, lighting designers, facility managers, educators, and others. Some basic lighting concepts will be briefly covered, but this class assumes some level of lighting knowledge.
At the end of the class, participants will:
- Understand a variety of space types inherent in this project type.
- Understand how to effectively apply lighting for educational spaces.
- Understand current research based on circadian systems and lighting.
- Understand effective lighting control techniques for education.
- Learn tips and tricks to use in everyday practice to improve the visual quality of the built environment while minimizing energy use.
Location & Time
- SEATTLE Thu, Apr 11 | 1-5pm @ Lighting Design Lab