- This event has passed.
2015 WSEC Training – Commercial Air Barrier
December 13 @ 11:00 am - 1:30 pmFree
Building air leakage can significantly impact the energy performance of a building through envelope heat loss and higher fan energy to maintain building pressurization. The Northwest Energy Efficiency Council is offering a workshop on December 13th in the Tri-Cities area about the commercial air barrier requirements in the 2015 WSEC. This 2-hour training will provide information about air barrier installation and building enclosure testing. Click here for the full flyer.
TRAINING TOPICS INCLUDE:
- What is an air barrier and why it is required in the WSEC?
- How to calculate and document the air barrier surface area
- Coordinating air barrier requirements with the design and construction team
- Building enclosure testing requirements in the WSEC
- Best practice testing methods for various building types
- What happens if the building fails the building enclosure air leakage test?
- Reporting building enclosure air leakage test results
This training is FREE thanks to the generous support of our regionaland local sponsors. Pre-registration is required. To register, email Johnathon Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org