The proposed amendments to the 2018 Seattle Commercial Energy Code (to take effect February 1, 2021) have been posted to the following links. (These rules do not impact single-family, townhouse, or low-rise multifamily projects.) The “Proposed Amendments” document is the full draft code proposal, the “Significant Proposals” document summarizes and explains the most impactful changes, and the “Minor Corrections and Clarifications” document summarizes the remaining changes.
With few exceptions, these are the same concepts discussed at the first four public meetings earlier this year, but extensively refined and improved based on input from the public meetings and subsequent reviews by area professionals and stakeholder organizations.
Public Meetings Scheduled
Three (and possibly four) additional public meetings will be scheduled to discuss these updates, providing local stakeholders with an opportunity to further coordinate and improve the 2018 code amendments. WebEx invitations will be posted prior to each meeting. The large number of people expected may impact how much each person can contribute, so written comments sent to email@example.com beforehand will allow for more thorough discussion during the meeting. These comments as well as notes from each meeting will be posted to the SDCI Energy Code website and considered in the final decisions.
- Thursday, August 27, 9:30 AM – 12:00: General, Envelope, Lighting & Electrical
- (no meeting first week in September, due to holiday weekend)
- Thursday, September 10, 9:30 AM – 12:00: C406 Efficiency Credits & C407 Modeling
- Thursday, September 17, 9:30 AM – 12:00: Mechanical & water heating
- Thursday, September 24, 9:30 AM – 12:00: As required for unresolved issues